30A Real Estate Market - Statistics - June 2022
Posted by Clayton Bonjean on Tuesday, July 5th, 2022 at 9:46am.
Current Real Estate Statistics on Hwy 30A - June 2022
There seems to be a shift in the 30A Real Estate market. The number of sales has been down year over year for the last 6 months. Prices are still increasing but at a steadier pace. June was the lowest year over year median sales price increase at 6.7% year to date. The key takeaway is that the median sales price is up 6.7% year over year, but the median list price is up a whopping 45.4% year over year. In my opinion, this explains the many price reductions on 30A.
Below are some interesting statistics showing exactly where the 30A real estate market is today. We pulled numbers for homes, condos, and townhouses. These numbers represent transactions in the 30A area South of Hwy 98 from Dune Allen to Rosemary Beach.
30A Real Estate Statistics June 2022 vs. June 2021 (Residential - Homes, Condos, and Townhomes)
- 30A number of sold listings are down -22.9%
- 30a median sales price is up +6.7%
- The median sales price on 30A was $1,125,000 in June of 2021 and was $1,200,000 in June of 2022.
- The number of 30A new listings is down -3% in June of 2022.
- The median list price on 30A was up +45.4% in May of 2022.
Below are some of my personal observations while working with both 30A Buyers and Sellers in June.
- We are seeing fewer bidding wars.
- Rising interest rates continue to affect demand.
- Inventory is still down but not as much as previous months.
- We are seeing many price reductions. Buyers are able to purchase properties at more realistic prices. I have not seen appraisal waivers, inspection waivers, etc.
- In many cases, buyers can actually negotiate with the sellers on price and terms.
I continue to feel more comfortable with the current market than I was 6 months ago. As a Broker-Owner that has been in the area for well over 20 years, I prefer a stable real estate market where buyers can have basic protections like an appraisal and a home inspection. In summary, prices are up, but the activity is slowing, and this is creating a more stable environment. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions. I would love to help you.
Broker - Owner
Mainsail Realty Company
Over 500 Properties Sold!